SLS 2206 Chart Your Course: Navigating Your FSU Experience is a 1-credit-hour course created to help first-year students successfully transition to Florida State University.
This course invites first-year students to experience the many opportunities Florida State University has to offer and chart their own course to a successful college experience. Students will explore their own identities and values, engage with campus resources, and apply college success strategies to effectively navigate their transition to FSU.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Describe the unique history, traditions, and values of Florida State University.
- Identify appropriate campus resources and involvement opportunities to aid in their transition to college.
- Implement effective time management and study strategies in order to achieve their academic and personal goals.
- Recognize the impact of their social identities in their life and campus community.
- Create their own curricular and co-curricular collegiate success plan.