Throughout New 'Nole Orientation, students and families will utilize various forms of technology and we want to make sure you are informed and prepared as your orientation date approaches.
- myFSU Portal - The myFSU Portal serves as a personal gateway to a variety of online tools you need to be successful on campus. Through myFSU Portal, students have quick access to the student information system where they can manage everything from academics to financial aid. Students can access their myFSU Portal by visiting http://my.fsu.edu. From here, you can access your myFSU email account, Campus Connect (notes from your academic advising appointment at orientation will be stored here), FSU Zoom, and more!
- New 'Nole Orientation - The New 'Nole Orientation platform is a set of modules that students complete before attending FSU. The first set, Starting at State, is completed once a student is admitted to Florida State University and before registering for their orientation session. The second set, New 'Nole Orientation, is completed during the 1.5-day orientation session for incoming students and families. Students receive access to the second set of modules 3-5 days before their scheduled orientation date.
- Schedule Assistant - Schedule Assistant is an application that students may use to search, select and enroll in their classes. After completing your Academic Advising session during your scheduled orientation, students will complete one final module within the New 'Nole Orientation platform, Course Registration, which will highlight how to use Schedule Assistant to register for classes.
- Orientation Schedules - Throughout New 'Nole Orientation, both students and families have a variety of scheduled sessions to help make the transition to college easier. Make sure to check the email address you used to register for orientation for links to the orientation schedules. The schedules include important information about when sessions are scheduled, as well as Zoom links to access each session. Please note: student sessions require FSU Zoom authentication.
- FSU Zoom - Zoom is an industry-leading web conferencing platform that is ideal for hosting group calls, remote meetings, and web conferences for up to 300 people, and works on desktop and mobile devices. FSU has a site license for all students, faculty, and staff to use. Student sessions during New 'Nole Orientation require FSU Zoom authentication, so please be sure to log out of all other Zoom accounts and then register your account via the steps outlined here.
- How to change your FSU password
- How to log on to Zoom
- How to add @FSU.edu email addresses as trusted senders
If you find yourself experiencing tech issues or are unsure of what is next on your schedule, feel free to visit our virtual help desk for one-on-one assistance from an Orientation Leader or a member of our New Student & Family Programs Office Staff. The Help Desk will be available on Day 1 of your New 'Nole Orientation from 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM and Day 2 from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM.